Keep things in perspective

In our training we try to keep everything in perspective. While we train others to plan for a grand future we also remind them to remember, appreciate and make the most of today.

Toby Slough, one of our guest speakers challenged us to contemplate what we would do if we knew for sure we only had 30 days left here on Earth. As you can imagine- the atmosphere and the noise level changed in an instant. Two minutes earlier we were planning out the rest of our life and learning a new career.

After Toby’s probing question, we focused on all the things money can't buy. We reflected on our life, who we’d want to see and reconcile with. We longed to forgive those who have hurt us – and be forgiven.

As I thought about this question I thought about

my marriage
my children
my mom and dad
Mr. and Mrs. White and their sons
People who love me and that I love
Friends that never judge and that are always there no matter what

I have this one friend that will meet me for a slurpie at 7 eleven at 2am if I need a friend to talk to. I have Dan from college that has always been there. I would want Ed, Bryan and Krish my mentors, their advice to me is golden. And of course my beautiful bridce who stands by her man.

Funny thing. I never once thought about the money my graduates make but the friends that I have made through education. I can't say thanks enough to Steve Gatlin for sharing the future of e-learning with me. WOW
Above all, thanks to God for allowing me to do what I do for a living.

JR


Jeff Roach - President
Brooke Transportation Training Solutions
jroach@transportationtraining.com
www.transportationtraining.com
www.brooketraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: