Motivation for Monday

“Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:4

"Fall seven times, get up eight." - Japanese Proverb

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." - John Quincy Adams

"Never give in. Never. Never. Never. Never." - Winston Churchill

"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance." - Samuel Johnson

It is Monday, how are you gonna persevere, keep on going and finish your good work this week? Sometimes I wake up Monday morning ready to conquer the world… some Mondays, I’d rather just have another day of rest. The way I find to stay motivated is to get up and get going. If I just hang around doing nothing, pretty soon I feel like a blob of nothing. Get up and get something of value accomplished and feel valuable. One thing I do is get my blood pumping most every morning with a brisk walk. I’m amazed at the creative ideas I contrive during my walk.

I then get a cup of coffee and a pad of paper and write down all my new ideas…before I check email. If I check email first I’m distracted to handle all the mail has thrown my way instead of purposefully planning my own day.

Have a prosperous Monday. Make your 50 calls today with enthusiasm, expecting success. Try to figure out someway to help a prospect have a successful Monday. When you approach selling as a great service you provide then, as one recent graduate said, “Selling is not a dirty word anymore.”

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: