A Niche and a Dream

Yesterday’s story continued:

My name is Francesca. I’m from El Salvador. My English is not as good as it could be but I was determined to find a better future for my family. I had to convince Jeff Roach to let me in his freight broker class. I guess he thought I wouldn’t understand the instructors since the class is all in English. He finally conceded. We enrolled with great anticipation of this opportunity given us.

My husband and I started school in February 2007. I must admit I was a little lost and confused. They used terms I didn’t understand, like “refer” (refrigerated truck). They told me I’d have to make a lot of phone calls. Well, that I can do. You see I have a dream. My dream is to put all my children through college. Nothing was going to keep me from learning this field then turning my knowledge to income for my family. As I listened and learned in Freight Broker School I became more and more excited to be a help to all those in the industry who are Spanish speakers. I found my niche, my little area of the business where I can stand out. Pursuing my dream, in my niche is a challenge I am ready to face.

More of the story tomorrow.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
brooketraining.com

No comments: