Enjoy Labor Day

 

Labor Day is a holiday signed into law by President Grover Cleveland on June 8, 1848.  The law was decades in the making during the Industrial Revolution.  America's economy changed from being primarily agriculture focussed to Industrial focussed.  Labor Union's were formed to negotiate better working conditions for the working class.  Back then, industries ran 7 days a week, working the employees 12 to 14 hours a day.  Through strikes and negotiations, over years, industries recognized needs of employees and adjusted.  The fight to have a reasonable work environment wasn't easy.  But those things that are hard earned are more valuable.  We need to be thankful to those in our heritage who fought for our working rights.  

Labor Day is a day to celebrate a country with freedoms in our workplaces.  A land where the immigrant can come here with nothing and build a career.  We should be thankful we can earn a great wage while still having time for our family and friends.  

I am thankful for the opportunity in American that I have had.  I'm not brilliant. I have just been able to use my God given abilities, worked hard and prospered.  I have over decades built a business that is very rewarding for me personally where I can assist others in finding their own career in transportation.  I am thrilled with the scores of testimonials we get from students about learning so much and being incredibly inspired by our teaching team.  

Be thankful for what you have. Enjoy your Monday holiday doing what you enjoy best.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach

www.brooketraining.com

214-206-1169

 

No comments: