Attention to Detail

It is easy and sometimes actually productive to get stuck in a routine. But you need to shake up your routine to see outside your box. Think through your routine for the day. Is everything you do beneficial for your bottom line or for the betterment of mankind? Try something new on a regular basis. Soon you’ll discover a small idea that grows into something great.

Look over your image. Does it fit with who you are and how you want your business to be perceived? Is your image professional or sloppy. High brow or casual. Friendly or snooty. Your image is seen in the way you dress, the look of your marketing materials and your business correspondences. As freight brokers our sense of urgency is critical to our shippers. They hire us because we can save their neck by making their shipment a high priority. Here are a few questions to consider:

Are your business forms are written clearly?

Do your web site, letterhead and cards match?

Remember time is worth more than money

Always consider ways to offer even more convenience

Stay open later

Always answer the phone

Take credit cards

If possible use toll free numbers

Join affiliations and associations

Think strategic alliances

Under promise and over deliver

Never apologize for price

Consider trade shows not in your Industry

The more you learn – the more you earn

I’m not asking you to try to be someone you’re not. God made you exactly the way He meant for you to be. Find success in who you are while looking for ways to better yourself. Although when I started, I was working out of my garage on a shoe string budget I had 1000s of professional business cards, letterhead and brochures printed. The expense was really an investment in my future. It showed my prospects I was serious about success. I wasn't a fly by night business. I wasn't trying to mask my garage office but rather project my commitment to my business.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com

No comments: