This is Hard

I got this question from a graduate: I got a chance at a load from a new customer. The route is Little Rock to Laredo and I can’t find an affordable truck. Should I go ahead and take the load and move it without a profit just to get in the door?

This is hard since I’m sure you have put in a lot of time building enough trust with this potential client for them to give you a chance. Nonetheless I’d say never move a load unless you make money on it.

Explain to the customer that you would rather explain why your rates are high once than apologize for bad service by quoting cheap rates.

You don’t want to set a precedence of low rates. Shippers are willing to pay more if they know for sure you will serve them well, get their load moved when they need and communicate with status and if any problems arise.

Stick to your guns. Charge a fair market rate.


Jeff

Jeff Roach - President
Brooke Transportation Training Solutions
jroach@transportationtraining.com
www.transportationtraining.com
www.brooketraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: