Look for The Good

Look for the good, the bad and ugly will find you. Do you focus on your victories or your defeats? Do you complain over what went wrong in the day or the great things? Our thoughts turned to words are powerful motivators – both positive and negative. Have you ever been on a diet? Do you daily celebrate the pounds you’ve shed or fuss over the pounds left to go?

I purpose to start my day thinking, I will get done today what I should get done. Then at the end of the day I feel accomplished. Some days I start out aimlessly and by the end of the day I feel like I didn’t get anything done of consequence. Even on those days I can turn it around by honestly thinking through the day and recognizing the accomplishments.

As we end this week I want to remind myself and you to enjoy each day to its fullest. Each day is a gift. Yes even Monday is a gift. Last evening I dined with a young couple that are both in sales. I was so encouraged when they both raved about how much they enjoy their jobs and look forward to each new day. I tire of those who grumble about work, getting up, getting dressed, getting out the door, drudging through the hours only to go home eat, fall into bed and start all over the next day. In all jobs you gotta take out the garbage but there should be plenty to enjoy about the day or else find a new challenge to invigorate the day.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com

No comments: