Education Transforms Lives

Today I read this article from a graduate of Prisoner Entrepreneur Program (PEP).  The PEP is an educational opportunity inmates can utilize to learn how to be an entrepreneur, to turn the lives towards becoming productive members of society.   Their success has been amazing.  Isn't this what a correction facility should do? 

 My passion is helping others through education turn their lives around in small and large ways.  This guy turned his life around in a big way by taking advantage of this educational opportunity. 

 Testimonial from PEP Graduate Cristian H.

Posted: November 10, 2014 in PEP Re-Entry, Testimonials
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,
0
The following was written by PEP Class 8 graduate, Cristian H. 

cristian h
Cristiam H., PEP Class 8 Graduate
“To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under Heaven.
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance…”
Hope came for me at a time in my life when death at a young age was normal for a kid from my neighborhood. A millionth second chance was presented to me, and it was time to make a decision, once and for all.
I was raised well by my parents, and they did the best they could to keep me on a path of righteousness. I rebelled due to a desire to fit in with my “friends”. I struggled with a deep sense of inadequacy and this only fueled my desire to belong. Sin caught my attention at an early age and kept me wanting more until the age of 21, when I found myself in the county jail with several felony assault charges. I called my family with apologies and good-byes.
I cried out loud with tears in Bexar County Jail, praying Hail Mary’s and Our Father’s, desperately hoping that God would hear me. He heard me and my tears went away. But I still had to pay for my crimes. I was sentenced to three concurrent two year sentences in TDC.
I entered PEP six months before the end of my sentence. After reviewing the PEP application, I knew it was ‘a God thing’. I joyfully signed up and was accepted. PEP has been in my life ever since. God has used PEP to build my character. I have been educated and equipped for success in all endeavors thru PEP. PEP is a refuge, a brotherhood and a lifelong relationship. My story is full of ups and downs pre- and post-PEP. But through it all, I am better, not bitter. Through it all, PEP is still there for me. And through it all, I will continue to move forward, focused on living a life filled with purpose. Without God and without PEP, who knows where I would be today.
Cristian H.
PEP Class 8
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Now is the time, today is the day of salvation.”

At Brooke Transportation training we have had the privledge to work with a wide variety of people looking to better their future through learning new skills.  We should all be about teaching what we know and learning from others.  

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach


No comments: