Great Job

I've been in the transportation industry for over 3 decades.  I've spent the bulk of my career as a freight broker, freight broker agent or teaching others the skills of freight brokering.  It has been an amazing ride.  I've made a great income to support my family, I'm my own boss and I have met many incredible people along the way.

As a freight broker I talk to a lot of carriers. Truckers are salt of the earth individuals.  They love America, grandma and apple pie.  They spend a lot of time away from their family on the road but they are family guys.  Truck drivers are a tight knit group because their jobs are unique.  Their truck cab is their office and many have a decked out office.  They take pride in their work and in their rig.  Truck drivers are hard workers who earn their living one mile at a time.

As a freight broker I also talk with a lot of manufacturers or product distributors.  Their job is to get their products to market. I negotiate how that is going to happen.  If I make sure their loads get delivered where they want, when they want then I make their day.  A key element in getting a keeping good customers is consistency in delivery.  Of course there will be weather, traffic and truck breakdowns delays.  So long as I let my customer know there is a potential slow down, they understand.  They don't a surprises, like when the load is not delivered when they thought.

If you'd like to talk about this great career, give me a call 214-206-1169.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.transportationtraining.com

No comments: