Double Effort = Double Results

Story continued from yesterday

We finished Freight Broker School and started doing what we were taught. I signed on as an agent for G First Logistics. They’ve been a great support. My husband and I made phone calls. He didn’t like the phone calling. I found it exhilarating. I make 100 calls a day even though in class they said set a goal of 50 calls a day. In 3 weeks I got my first load. I have 118 prospects and 2 clients already. I’m smiling. This has changed my life. Before I make a call I get a little info on the company. I use Thomasnet.com to find places to call. I spend my days getting to know people, their needs, asking questions and letting them know something about me. Prospects will ask me to fax my rates over right away. I won’t do it. I want them to know about my company, who I am and that I’m the only Spanish speaking broker around. My husband gets the load moved. He’s comfortable with negotiating with truckers. I find the loads; he finds the trucks. Double-teaming, double calling in our native language has brought us good results.

I have a goal to get 20 good clients in 6 months. I thank God everyday for our chance at a bright new future.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach

No comments: