What are training options for freight brokers?

Some agents will train you then give you an agent position. There are one-day schools, one to two week schools as well as a powerful online course. I’d recommend searching out training opportunities to shorten your learning curve. Learning stretches our mind and invigorates us to take on a new challenge.

Go to Google and type in freight broker schools.
You will find several to choose from. I am a believer in
training as a foundation then find someone to mentor you.

I also know that the on-line course offered through most universities in America is unreal. It has been honored by several sources as the fastest growing e-course in the continuing education department of over 600 Colleges and Universities.

You need to research all you can. I find the more research
I do the better decisions I make.

Ask for references - If the school or broker or mentor is
doing it right then they will have plenty of references.

Lessen your stress by having at least six months of living expenses
saved before starting as an agent.

This is a great industry. Every broker I know is looking for a good agent who understands that you have to work if you want your agency to work.

Have a great freight day....

Moving forward,


Jeff Roach - President

No comments: