Tough Times for Brokers

I read an article by Rip Watson about the high bankruptcy rate among freight brokers in Transport Topics. I try to focus on positives not negatives but the reality is that the economy has been tough on most entrepreneurs. I truly believe greatness can arise out of tough times. A while back I blogged about how many incredibly successful businesses were birthed during the Great Depression. What we’ve been going through is nothing compared to then.

I imagine most freight brokers would have had a fighting chance had they gone through my course. I’m not being boastful I’m just looking at successful brokers. When my instructors aren’t instructors they are brokers and they are doing well. Very well. This is why training is so important. This is why the military trains every day for a mission.

The more you learn the more you earn. I have consulted with brokers who are putting out unreal numbers and I can honestly say they have happy customers and happy carriers. I was amazed at the gross margin numbers every day.

I believe in any market place - The guy who knows the most, who is the most informed and the most connected to the industry will be the last business standing. Standing pretty tall I may add.

Learn to negotiate. The good news is we can learn anything. If you don't like where you are in life, change it. Change starts in your brain. What you put in your brain everyday affects your actions. After you fill your brain with great stuff …Take action.

My online course is in 2300 schools and universities and my freight broker / agent course is in 4 states and is more important to you now than ever. Our training teaches a proven process towards success for a broker. Our course is filled with motivation. And in our course you’ll meet others that will help spur you on.

More on Monday.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com
www.transportationtraining.com
www.pajamalearning.biz

No comments: