Blog on Blogging

Why do I blog? I blog because I have a lot to say. I have a big need to share what I have learned. Blogging gives me a chance to talk about what I do, why I do it and virtually stay in touch with others in my industry. I use my blog to brag on my students… broadcast questions I get from my graduates and announce when something new is happening at Brooke Training. The world of corporate blogging has grown with leaps and bounds. Much to my surprise, the number of phone calls I get a day is directly related to my blog for the day. We slowed down on the blog at the beginning of the summer because…well it was the lazy days of summer. My phone calls slowed. Yikes, I need my phone ringing so I stepped up the blogging again.

Now that I have started blogging I’m drawn to any article that refers to blogging. It seems everyone blogs…then when I tell people I blog they give me that blank stare. OK, I get it, not everyone understands or knows what blogging is. Blogging is basically an online journal that is truly a great business communication tool.

Is there a right or wrong way to blog? Ideally, you figure out what you’re blogging audience interests are and try to write about that. Humor is always helpful in keeping readers interested. I’m not sure I blog “right” but I enjoy having this forum to write about whatever is on my mind. I don’t get many comments on my blog. So if you read my blog feel free to comment, let me know what you think. I’ve been in the transportation industry for a couple of decades or more so I do have industry experience out the wazoo. Incredible mentors also have blessed me. I piggyback on their wisdom a lot. So go out and have a great day, share with your loved ones, then if you are like me, broadcast your thought to the cyber world via a blog.

Moving forward,


Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com
www.transportationtraining.com

No comments: