My industry Perspective

Let me tell you what I think is going on in our industry.

I talk to a lot of owner operators, drivers leased on to companies, trucking executives, and people looking for an opportunity to wohttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifrk. I talk to a lot of people we train either or live. I travel to consult with large major trucking companies as well as large and small brokerages. I spend a ton of time on the phone coaching both our recent graduates and more established brokerages. I also talk to a lot of shippers both large and small.

Just as in every industry the transportation industry is tightening their belt but there is still plenty of work going on out there for those who work hard and earn trust. Shippers and everybody else don't care what you know until they know how much you care. You need to know what you’re doing, build a relationship
with the decision maker, solve their problems - help them reach their goals. You have to have a good shipper first then you go find a good carrier. Most drivers and carriers I know are hard working salt of the earth type folks. If you do things right and treat them with respect they will work with you.

Last week I recieved an order for around 65 truckloads of freight. (which is nice). I appreciate the big national accounts who trust me. I love the trust and
relationship we develop when they finally understand I am on their team.

I can't imagine doing anything else. I am very fortunate to know the top executives at the top firms. We introduce them to students at our school.

Now is a good time to step up. If you do not like where you are, no worries because you can change where you are and what you are by changing what goes into your brain.


Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com
www.transportationtraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: