Working with the Smaller Shippers

Last week I told you about being blessed with a big account. That keeps me busy because it is very labor intensive. But I don’t recommend ever putting all your eggs in one basket. Don’t depend solely on a big account or two. Someone may woo them away and then you are up a creek without a paddle. Find some smaller accounts to serve.

Smaller shippers need freight brokers. They may pay you a little more because the person who is your contact is usually doing five other jobs. A small carrier will come to depend on you to help out in many ways. Value their business by being there for that need. A freight broker agent is an extension of both the carriers’ office and the shippers’ office. You become a part of a team. I really enjoy doing business with the same people over the years. They get to know you and you get to know them on a level past that “first date” ackwardness.

The small shipper and the smaller carrier need you the most. Take care of them and they will take care of you. Remember " you can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want". Zig Ziglar. (my hero).

Do you want to learn my process for getting and keeping accounts? Then come to one of my courses. We have three constant live course locations We have our on-line course in over 2200 schools and universities. It is a great course. Brooke Transportation Training Solutions is a trade school, not a seminar. We are leaders in the on-line learning world and I believe my life course is the best in the business. Just look at my instructors. I believe you are only as good as the people around you so surround yourself with smart people, that is what I have done. In my case - all the people I work with are smarter than me. I am very fortunate.

We have our elearning center where you can take 5k other courses on-line in 13 different languages to our elearning center.

Remember the more you learn - the more you earn. No learning is wasted because it strengthens your brain muscle. This business is a great business if you enjoy building and maintaining life long relationships with people from all walks of life, from all nationalities and all parts of the country. Try to give more than you take and be humble in all things - you really can do anything you want with your life. Yesterday ended last night. Today is a brand new day.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
214-206-1169
817-897-0681 cell
Jroach@transportationtraining.com

Call me if you are serious and want to get in this business. I can help you but you will have to agree to work hard all day every day. This is not a get rich quick business but I know people that have gotten very wealthy. Give more and you will be more than okay.

No comments: