Freight Brokering Excellence

Brandi Patterson, one of Brooke’s instructors doesn’t just teach freight brokering she spends her day diligently doing what she teaches. She recently celebrated landing a great new account. I asked her to send me an account of how she went about getting the job. Read and learn from a pro.

“I wanted to share with you my recent exciting news about my business as an agent. First let me say that in this business in order to get anywhere you have to assume the driver position. Passengers in this field very rarely go anywhere if they are relying on a driver! You have to be willing to take the risk of going unfamiliar directions and once you have made that destination, it's all about persistence.

Which brings me to my most recent exciting news! I have been working on an account with the government for the past 5 months. Just getting an appointment took about a month. After that initial meeting I was hoping for a shot at providing rates. After many phone calls and e-mails, I was finally offered the opportunity to provide rates. This process of getting the rates took me about a month because of the volume they needed me to rate. This is when having a reputable, experienced brokerage firm behind you becomes critical. Their help gives their agents the opportunity to even pursue these types of accounts! Brooke Transportation gets kudos from me since they were the ones that led me to my current brokerage firm! Anyway, after calling and calling and calling and staying on top of the potential customer, I got news back that I was approved for this account and soon I should be moving loads for a company that most agents and brokerage firms would die to have. AAFES (they are like the Walmart for the military) is the account. If I can encourage any of you of anything, it would be to learn the business. A perfect start would be to take this class, I did and now I am an instructor for it.

Don't give up! Winners never lose and Quitters never win. Be a winner and this business will take you far!”

We’d love to have you in our next live class or online class. Learn from the best so that you two can be a winner in a great industry.
Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: