BRRRR



This is the view outside my home office window.  I usually see grass under the trees.  For you folk up North hours upon hours of freezing rain may be no big deal...but for us in Texas it is a challenge.  It took my daughter 8 hours to get home from work (she may have exaggerated a bit).   I heard on the radio 500 flights out of Dallas Fort Worth Airport were cancelled.  That translates into a lot of irritated businessmen late for their out of town meetings.

When we have this much ice I think about how much freight is out there being slowed down from delivery.  So I know some of you freight brokers are having to do some explaining to your customers about why their products have not arrived.  No matter what business you are in, problems will arise.  When a problem arises be the first to speak out. Don't wait for your customer to call you, hopping mad.  Beat him to the phone and make him aware of the delay, why there is a delay and your best estimate on when his product will arrive.  Promise small and deliver big.  In other words if you think the delay will be 1 day tell your customer 3 days. Then when it arrives in one day, he will be ecstatic.

I sent a gift via Amazon this past week.  They sent me an email that the product would arrive December 10th....well it arrived December 5th.  That made my recipient very happy.  Now that is smart customer service.  

Stay warm and dry.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.transportationtraining.com

No comments: