Remember a Veteran



 The United States federal holiday of Memorial Day was first celebrated May 30th 1868.  It was called Decoration Day because that day was set aside to go to the graveyards and decorate graves of brave ones with flowers. U.S. men and women who died while in the military service deserve such remembrance. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the civil war), it was expanded after World War I to memorialize all American lives lost in war. (edited from Wikopedia

Take time this memorial day to remember someone who died while serving our great nation.  Thank a veteran of any war.  And reflect on your own heart.  Life is precious.  What cause is great enough to sacrifice a life?  Is there any cause or any person for which you sacrifice your life?  Have I taught my children: greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his brother? 

As I was thinking towards the Memorial Day holiday I thought about different people in my life who have died and what their life displayed to the world.  My sister in law recently died.  Her life displayed love especially to her children, good work ethic and forever loyalty to her Baylor Bears.  My uncle in law recently died as well.  He enjoyed life, a good golf game and singing in the church choir to the glory of God.

I want my life to count for something.  I don’t want to waste a day in selfishness, although I know I do.  When a soldier signs up he knows that his life may end.  All our lives will end.  We know that but we don’t always live like every day is precious.  So this Memorial Day remember to live a purposeful life everyday. 

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.transportationtraining.com


No comments: