Sales Pitch

Why do they call it a sales pitch?  I'm not a fan of that term.  A sales pitch sounds like something is being thrown at me.  What do you do when something is thrown at you, especially when it is thrown at you fast?  You duck, of course.  If it is a slow pitch you might catch it, but a fast pitch unless you are in the big leagues, you dodge the ball coming at your head. 

So I like to think of my sales approach more like a climb up a tall mountain.  You climb a tall mountain one step at a time.  Slow and steady.  The more you learn about the mountain path just like the more you learn about your client's needs, the easier the climb.  You can anticipate the sharp curves and the holes in the trail if you have learned a bit about the trail.  As you know your client's needs you can address them with confidence.  You can learn about your client by reading their website, talking with others who know them and through interaction with the potential client. 

Freight brokers offer a great service to their clients.  Some clients recognize that value others have to be shown the value through education and great service.  I truly enjoy getting to know people.  I think that is one of the keys to my success as a freight broker and as a freight broker trainer.  People enjoy working with those who know them and respect them for who they are. 

I train my freight broker students to make lots of phone calls.  So when they need a break from the phone calls I recommend doing  a little internet research on a potential customer. 

I suggest potential students of mine read everything I have on my website, facebook and blog before they sign up for my course.  I want them to know me, know my values and read testimonials of what others have said about the course.  I want them to know that I want them to succeed.  I want them to learn what they need.  And I want them to have confidence in the process we teach at our freight broker training courses.

Have a successful Monday.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.transportationtraining.com

No comments: