Customer Service due to extinction?

I have been having an issue with my media provider. I have been reminded that customer service may be going the way of the dinosaur. We are all so anxious to cut costs by automation that the personal touch has frozen over like the ice age. Hold on to the personal touch, service your customer and you will stand above the rest, rise to the top and sleep well at night.

I have to make a living. I’ve lost 20 hours of time trying to get a real person to figure out why my dish isn’t working. As my frustration has grown I’ve been learning how not to run my business. Trying to work with my satellite provider is like working with insurance companies - easy to talk to when I am forking over money and impossible to reach when I have an issue with the service I bought. You can't take the customer out of customer service. By trying to over automate customer service you’ll getting ten times more bad PR than your investment in automating the customer service. You will not make it - we are in the information age -but people do business with people not computers.

All I need is for a service manager to call me. I will pay my bills on time and will be a great customer but I refuse to spend any more of my time trying to reach someone who is supposedly offering me a service. I have lost 20 hours. I am a consultant that charges 300.00 an hour - do the math. It’s cost me 6k and I have not been able to watch one movie. All I have done is try to get someone to help me.

Thanks for letting me vent. I’m going to give extra personal service to everyone who calls me this week. Will you take the challenge too?


Moving forward.

Jeff

www.transportationtraining.com
www.brooketraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: