Life is Like a Baseball

Today I’d like to share a book excerpt from Krish Dhanam’s American Dream from an Indian Heart. He often comes in as one of our training class guest speakers.

Life is Like a Baseball

On January 26, 1989, I heard Zig Ziglar speak for the very first time. I had won a sales contest and was asked to attend his seminar. With slight nervousness at the prospect of learning something new, I accepted the opportunity to change my life. I am absolutely convinced that if I had received a monetary reward for the sales contest, today I would be another performing statistic in life. That day Zig changed my life when he sold me on a concept that I interpreted as baseball advice. In life every attempt will not be a hit, and every hit will not be a home run, but every home run has to an attempt and a hit. Advice that correlates to a notion that you cannot always skill yourself out of the dumps. Sometimes you have to will yourself out of the slumps of life.


I often hearing how important, how healthy, how invigorating it is to learn a new thing. I also agree with Krish, learning something new can be nerve racking. But then if it is life changing, a few nerves may get in the way. I am glad to be in the education business. I thrill to those who take their new learning and succeed. I am saddened when others decide to not put the lessons learned to task. I try to be encouraging to those I see and to those who read the blog so perhaps a few, who might throw in the towel, don’t.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com

No comments: