Election Day

This has been an amazing election season. I find it a bit frustrating that the candidates start campaigning earlier and earlier each year. I suppose early campaigning does help us know the candidates through out the seasons. It is not unlike dating (from what I remember from my youth). You can date someone for quite awhile before you see their true colors, especially those practiced con artists.

The candidates can put on an act for a season, but their true beliefs come out as the campaigning stretches on. I am encouraged that the stark contrast between the two candidates has fired up voters. I think back to convention time and the number of candidates vying for the nomination; McCain and O’Bama were not the ones I thought we’d be deciding between. The wisdom of a grandpa type war veteran with a pit bull of a female running mate versus a young radically inventive senator teamed up with an older senator. We vote for the one we think represents our views and us most closely. The blogosphere has been overflowing with both sides passionately expressing their views. The top topic seems to be the economy. As a small businessman I really want to vote for Joe the Plumber because he expressed my views very well. I love the freedom our country has afforded me to reach for my dreams. I’ve had great years and challenging years but I have appreciated a country that puts few limits on small business and encourages innovative thinking.

I am a praying man and I am fervently praying for our country right now as we face mountain size issues at home and over seas. Jesus said that if we have the faith of a mustard seed we can move mountains. I am only one man but I will push on my part of the mountain as long as I am given that opportunity.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com
www.transportationtraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: