It’s a Mental Game

Before you begin a thing remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to foresee are ahead. You can only see one thing clearly, and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin.
Kathleen Norris

I do my best to stay optimistic even with naysayers surround me. It is my choice. I cannot always change my circumstance but I can think of it in a positive light. In the Hiding Place, a book by Corrie Ten Boome about the Nazi era comes to mind when I’m in a tough spot that seems impossible.

Corrie’s family hid Jews in a secret room in their house from the Nazi soldiers who planned on exterminating all Jews. They eventually got caught. Corrie and her sister were in a concentration camp not knowing when they would be taken to the gas chamber. They slept in hideous quarters teaming with all sorts of pesky, disease giving insects. Yet they thanked God for those bugs. Why? Because of the bugs the soldiers never came into the sleeping quarters. The soldiers didn’t want to get bitten. Corrie and her sister were able to hold prayer and praise meetings in their room without fear of being disrupted by unsympathetic soldiers. Throughout their ordeal they never lost sight of a higher power and their goal of glorifying God in their lifetime.

Now that inspires me when little silly obstacles in comparison come my way. I have a goal to care for my family. I have a goal to give my customers more than they expect. I have a goal to feel accomplished at the end of the day. And I also have a goal to recognize God is the one in control. When I focus on those goals I stay motivated towards success.

What are your goals for 2009? What small step can you take today to get closer to your end goal?

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com
www.transportationtraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: