A Freight Brokers Ideal Office

Last week I sent you point 1 of this great article
on setting up a home office from about.com. Here’s some more tips with a few edits and add ins from my experience as a freight broker.

2. Choose a Dedicated Area for Your Home Office Space

Once you have made a critical needs list, you have a better idea of how much room you actually need for an office. With that in mind, you can now choose a dedicated area of your home for office space. Ideally, the office should be in a quiet area with some level of privacy. This is especially important if you share the house with a spouse, children or even a roommate. For example, a spare room with a door may be best because it can help filter noise from the rest of the house. Or, if you will be meeting with clients in your home office, it may be more efficient to choose a room near the front entrance of the house.

I have worked from lots of spaces. My garage, an executive suite, a fancy office building, a not so fancy office building, a house boat (that was really fun, but fishing was distracting), a vacation resort and my home. That is the great thing about this business so long as you have internet, phone and fax you are set.

I live close to the Dallas Fort-Worth airport, a major transportation hub. Being close to such a hub helps me feel more a part of the industry even though I am working from my home. One of my students became a freight broker because she wanted to move out of the hustle and bustle of the city for a richer family life and for health reasons.

Atmosphere makes a big difference in how much you enjoy your work. Set up the atmosphere of your office that will encourage you to want to work, minimize distractions and keep you motivated to success.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com
www.transportationtraining.com
www.justintimefreight.com

No comments: