First seek to understand then to be understood

I had a gentleman with another training company, a man I respect, send me an email stating one of my FAQ's could possibly hurt his business. He felt I was singling him out. He professionally and kindly told me, he felt this was unfair. Our intention was not to target him, but I removed that FAQ last night to ease his concerns.

This gentleman and I have completely different training models and services so of course we have differences. I was honored in the way he brought it to my attention. Obviously he knows about how to run a business. Even this week, several people in my class worked with his company to obtain services I do not provide.

We can't be all things to all people. We really need to focus on our niche. You will find your niche in business or it will find you.

Expect the best in all relationships and you will usually get what you expect. My wife said she was proud of me for the way I handled my competitor’s question. I looked at the situation from his point of view before responding.

Training will expedite the learning curve in this and any business venture. How you get that training is up to you. Of course I believe with all of my being that I have the best training program.

I am sure he feels the same way about his training company. What is important is what is the best solution for the client.

Seek to understand and respect your competition. You may even end up learning something in the process. You will lose when you speak negatively about the competition. Take the high road - assume the best, expect the best.

Zig Ziglar always says it best " You can have everything you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want".

Moving forward,
JEFF

1 comment:

Komail Noori said...

Great, what a usefull information. It really worth wile reading. Thanks for sharing this usefull information with us.

Regards,
Komail Noori
American Freight - Freight Quote