Down with Commutes

With gas prices heading towards 7.00 a gallon (so they say) a work from home career sounds pretty good, right? Imagine getting up, staying in your pjs, grabbing a cup of coffee then walking across the room to sit down and start working. Now that is the kind of commute I enjoy. No gas required. No dressing up.

There are great benefits to finding a work from home career that works for you. I love training truckers to be a freight broker so they can get off the road, help their fellow truckers keep moving and enjoy a bit more time at home. I love living in a country that allows so many opportunities to work from home. Technology has made it easier and easier to work from anywhere, anytime…and complete training for a work from home career as well. (see justintimefreight.com)

Today while my bride went to Market (she’s an interior decorator) I did a little of my phone calling work with my bluetooth (wireless phone) while I took the kids to school and went for a walk. You have to have some discipline working from home because it is so easy to get distracted. But I know there are plenty of distractions and productivity killers in an office environment as well.

My friend works out of her home for an IT company. Her main clients are in California (she’s in Texas) so she swims laps in the neighborhood pool at 9 a.m. and is back at her desk before her clients wake up because of the 2 hour time difference. My graphic artist works from 8:30 til 3 while her kids are in school and then after 10 p.m. when they go to bed. She gets in a good 8 hours or more and never misses a beat with those kiddos who grow up way too fast.

If more of America would figure out how to work from home perhaps we could solve this gas shortage issue and enjoy our days more.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com

No comments: