Procrastinators are OK

Have you ever procrastinated... then waited a bit more because you've lost your inspiration, motivation or are just plain scared? One of the greatest rewards of training is when students become friends. I heard recently from a graduate from last summer’s June class. His words should encourage any student out there who has not yet lived up to his expectation as a freight broker. I suggest making a game plan of your prospecting as he has with ExpediteLoads.com

“As is true with a lot of people that go through your training, I had the best intentions of getting started right away in this business. Unfortunately, because of a number of factors, including, but not at all limited to: starting another business, driving graveyard full time for Ryder, and several serious, and I might add, completely unexpected medical issues, I wasn't able to follow through at that time.
Well, I am happy to say I was finally able to resign my position as a driver for Ryder and am currently working on a couple of other business projects, in addition to working with ExpediteLoads.com. I am going through their database of manufacturers that have used their services in the past, or still are today. Although the list isn't as long as I hoped, around 300, it still gives me some "warm" call opportunities to find some prospects, that will hopefully also be potential customers at some point. I have a button on their website as their exclusive point of contact for anyone who needs help with expedited freight. Jan (Roach) said it was good I was on there, something about being optimized, having that internet "real estate."

The internet has opened up a lot of avenues for prospecting but remember it is still about making relationships. Find an avenue and stay with it.

I’d love to hear from any other graduates out there who are tasting success.

Moving forward,
Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com

No comments: