Sales Hurdles

I hate that phrase "sales obstacles". I think of an obstacle as something you have to get around. I prefer hurdles because I think of a hurdle as something you jump over. You have to build stamina to jump over something.

I had friends who were on the track team. They were awesome in the 200 and 400-meter runs. They had tried their hand or should I say legs at the hurdles. They ended up with a lot of busted shins and bloody knees. When I see the Olympians fly so beautifully over hurdle after hurdle I never thought about how may scars they’ve healed from to get where they got until I talked with my track friends.

Sales are a lot like track team events. Some sales will go quick, like a sprint. Most will take more time like a 200 or 400-meter race. And others have hurdles that will take some pain to overcome. But each sales call, like every race won makes the next one a little more natural and comfortable. Be thankful for the prospect that throws a big hurdle your way because that gives you opportunity to prove your willingness to figure out a way over that hurdle. You might not land that shipment but it will give you stamina to use on your next.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to find your blog. I am an independant broker agent and have had a hard time building my customer base. Reading your blog helps me to understand that I am not the only one having a hard time and I just have to get over the hurdles. Thanks you!