Truckers Pull Off the Road

Just watched a CNN report on independent truckers pulling off the road in protest of the high fuel prices. Oil companies say demand is high and supply is tight so the prices are what they should be. What is the answer?

One protesting trucker was disappointed the presidential candidates seem to focus more on healthcare prices. He says if I can afford to drive my truck, provide for my family and a little more I can afford to pay for my own healthcare. His rig was full of juicy strawberries he paid $1800 in fuel to haul up from Laredo. Those strawberries are gonna lose their flavor real quick in an idle trailer.

Congress is talking of discontinuing billion of dollars of tax cuts the oil companies receive. They would take those dollars to research more alternate fuel options. I don’t know about you but I’d rather keep the alternate fuel development in the hands of the free market rather than the government.

The great thing about America is our ability to dream dreams and profit from hard work. Spurring the economy has always helped our tax base more than cutting incentives. I’m not an expert but I know what makes sense to me. Work hard, don’t try for the quick buck, charge a fair price and above all live a life of integrity. Be patient and you will reap what you sow, get what you give, be treated as you treat others.

Just a little food (strawberries) for thought.

Moving forward,

Jeff Roach
www.brooketraining.com

No comments: